Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Farm Cake
After weeks of planning and shopping for materials, here it is The Farm Cake! This cake was the most challenging one i have made to date. I was having a lot of problems with fondant cracking because i was not taking my time like i should have. So i ended up doing some things twice. The barn is made of rice krispies stacked flat (two rows of them) and then carved a little at the top to form the shape. I literally rolled out the red fondant and laid the the rice krispy barn over to cut out the shapes for it. For the roof, i measured the length the strips needed to be then cut out a few and stuck them in the fridge to let them get hard. For the fence, (this is the part that really took the most time) i rolled out my brown fondant and using a piece of paper as my guide, cut straight long strips down and then came back in and cut across for the length i needed. To make the rows behind the tractor, i used a star tip and brown butter-cream mixed with a little bit of cake crumbs and kind of twirled my tip as the icing came out to make it look like the tractor was plowing. Everything else on the cake is free formed to the best of my abilities including the pig, the rocks, and the chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment